Pages

Wednesday 3 April 2013

Floral Cards (1)

I've had a card making pack from Let's Get Crafting magazine that has been in my crafty stash for some time now and it never actually had a chance to see the daylight. I dug it out and recently I've just been card making. Quite intensely, I'd say - I ended up with the 21 new cards :))) Yay! Before that I'd set myself a challenge - to use up all card pack elements and create as many cards as I could. I just needed to make some fresh greeting cards for the oncoming occasions plus I wanted to restock my box with some spare greeting cards, which I like to use whenever something crops up.
These are the first two floral cards - I made for 2 female colleagues at work. One has gone on her secondment, the other one has just retired.
These floral cards are a thematic follow-up to the yellow floral card from this post.





I love poppies - their redness is always so vibrant and they feature on each card so gracefully :) Quite pleased with this red-yellow poppy card. I used a Spellbinders ornate frame die and some red and white relief paste for the 3D dotes all around it. I've been in love with the fish tails recently - they are so trendy! - so I couldn't resist tucking under some fish tailed ribbon!

For the retiring lady I made a green card with a big daisy flower card topper. Daisies are such positive and cheerful flowers popping out on the lawns everywhere :)



Some Spellbinders shapes layered here and embellished the the white relief paste.


And the stamped badge implies it's about time to retire and put the feet up :)


More floral cards to follow soon! :) This is just the tip of the iceberg!
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving comments. I cherish them! x x

3 comments:

  1. These are very nice and perfect to welcome warmer weather (whenever it may come!) Poppies have always been one of my favorite flowers, they always catch my eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martha, Lovely to have you visit me and what beauty on your blog, Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Martha,
    those cards are wonderful! I love Poppies too and I am looking forward for them coming out in the garden :O)
    Have a lovely day,
    hugs to you,
    Cheers,
    Claudia xx

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Love, leave a comment :)
Thank you for your time x x x