Pages

Sunday 15 May 2011

Oldies from the past: Window art (2) Angels


Angels. They have always been one of my favourite themes to paint on the glass. Most of them (if not all) have been sent home as my mum loves collecting them so these angelic transparencies ended up being framed and put up on a wall. When painting them, I tried both light, sort of heaven-like colours (white, pale blue, pastel pink, gold, silver) as well as some bold hues to make them look more... humane and folky :) Think they looks nice both ways, don't they?
And this one below, a kneeling and praying angel, has always been my favourite:


I even bought a whole pattern book for that one! :) Well worth it, I think. The image defends itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Love, leave a comment :)
Thank you for your time x x x