Pages

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Oldies from the past: The Cross Stitch Kit That Got me Hooked


Well, this was my first cross stitch kit (a freebie in a CrossStitcher issue) which got me hooked. A Japanese Kokeshi Doll I noticed in a shop window as I was passing by one boring and rainy afternoon. It was perfect and I knew Mom-mom (my bf's Nan) would love it. Cute and full of vibrant colours.  It immediately caught my attention. Then I thought: Hey! Why not? Let's give it a go and see how I'll be doing with my stitching... So I tried and... got addicted. I made it into a card for Mother's Day. With this little cute cross stitch kit my new hobby had arisen - cross stitching. Funnily enough, I had never been interested in cross stitch as such. I even thought it must be very boring and painstaking to sit and stitch on and on for hours while your threads are getting all tangled up and a knot follows a knot. I thought I would not have enough patience to do this and guess what! Now, I find it relaxing, to snuggle up in a blanket on the sofa with a needle in one hand and a project in the other. Sometimes I dream of nothing more than that! See? This is all about the change in attitude :) And this is how it all began :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Love, leave a comment :)
Thank you for your time x x x