Pages

Sunday 27 April 2014

Easter tree with Scandinavian balls and eggs

I love Easter time. All around is so fresh and cheerful, the days are getting longer, there's more daylight, it gets greener and trees go into bloom. Shame Easter days last so short. Since I have a thing about cosy knitted Scandinavian things I usually have my knitted theme as a part of my Easter decoration :) So this year for Easter I arranged this tree:


On the tree went on all my Easter knitted balls and most of the knitted eggs from the previous years, including the 4 new one from the previous blog post. All these knits come from Arne and Carlos' books.


Under the tree I put a white porcelain hare surrounded by even more fair isle knitted eggs. Well, let's make it cosy this year, shall we?! It can still get cold, you know! ;)



And this is the view of the tree from my sofa :) I'm really pleased with my knitted collection, which by the way, still keeps growing. 2 years back I didn't even think I would be able to make such things by myself :)


So how is that? :)
Thank you for your opinions x x

Time to link to the Handmade Monday blog hop no. 165 tonight at Handmade Harbour. Do join in for some blog hopping fun and go round visiting others.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Martha,

    Your Easter tree with Scandinavian balls and eggs looks wonderful...i love it;-)

    Greetings from Germany,
    Klaudia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martha these are so sweet, they made me smile. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Easter tree is just marvellous - it wasn't from hobbycraft by any chance was it?! I love the knitted balls, very scandi - did you make up the patterns? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks amazing x such a lovely display, and your knitted eggs looks so cute.
    I'm jealous of the mantle such a perfect area for displays x

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look even better than they did in the last post and I wouldn't have thought that was possible! Fantastic x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Easter tree looks beautiful! I think it has to be one of the nicest I have ever seen, just lovely.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of the knitted Easter balls and eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a lovely Easter display. I too have Arne and Carlos' book which is great fun. I knitted two bunnies and only two eggs. I guess I will have a go at it again for next year's Easter. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks lovely, Martha :O)
    Happy new week to you,
    Hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tree looks so lovely, I especially like the one with the chicken on. Hope you have a good week.

    Jill, Christmas Pie Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your tree looks beautiful, a stunning and colourful decoration for your house.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful tree!! Your work & decorations are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL, you took perfect pictures of that lovely tree.
    KATRIN W.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have only been doing this for 2 years?!...oh, my! Your work is beautiful & your Easter tree is so delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a gorgeous Easter display, i love all the colours against the white tree, the effect is really fresh and fun - perfect for spring time! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've got me thinking. Wonder if my corner would look better if I painted my twigs? What do you think ?

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Love, leave a comment :)
Thank you for your time x x x