Pages

Sunday 23 June 2013

(Early) Christmas Cards 2013 (1)

Yes, I'm one of those crafters who follow the voice of their heart when it comes down to crafting. Basically I hate deadlines and I like to create whatever takes my fancy. As long as I enjoy it, it's great. Out of season crafting is perfectly normal for me - stitching Christmas cross stitch cards in the middle of July is fine for me. Knitting Christmas balls around Easter is ok too and so is making Easter stuff right after the New Year :) And since I enjoy making Christmas stuff a lot, so today, well... it's time to show my first Christmas cards this year. I've made 7 so far and showing the first 4 :)

With so many new craft toys for Christmas at home like stamps, punches and dies, I just couldn't simply wait any longer and had to have a go at them. :) As every year, I plan to make over 20 Christmas cards to send out to family and friends. This year my beloved Scandi-theme continues as usual with an added feel of knitted coziness in a form of backing papers and stamps featuring the trendy knitted pattern. Doily and cross stitch motifs are so in these days and they will be showing up in my cards as well. Naturally,  there will be lots of red, white, cream, green and brown :)



Below, the Himalayan Snowflake punch from Martha Stewart in action :)



The backing papers I used for all these cards are Marianne's Designs, series:  Eline's Warm Winter Wishes. I blogged about them earlier on - click! The heat embossed snowflake stamp comes from this A Muse Studio stamp set - click! 




Inking and embossing together - another great way to show off your stashed embossing folders



More Christmas cards coming soon! :)
Linking up and joining a blog hop tonight at Hand-made Monday!

16 comments:

  1. Lovely cards but I'm not sure I can quite cope with the idea of Christmas yet - the sun has only just arrived!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh to be so well organised. You've made me realise I'm definitely a Last-Minute-Lil who quite likes a deadline to work towards! Lovely cards x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely, but I really can't cope with Christmas yet. I need a bit of summer first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely - being a knitter I loved the cabled effect. Cables always convey warm, cosy jumpers to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are all beautiful! I love the combination of red and white, its so cheerful and of course, scandinavian! so I love it! It's never too late or early for christmas :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so cold here today it might as well be Christmas not summer solstice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Mum has been showing me the christmas cards she has made this afternoon so you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've made a lovely selection of Christmas cards. I'm going to pinch your idea of using a plate stand when you photoed them. There's nothing wrong with making Christmas stuff now, I'm going to start some myself soon. And I'll be preloaded them onto my website keeping them hidden till closer the time. It's one of the most boring jobs so I like to do it in bite sized pieces rather than rushing to load them all in one go.
    I hope you have a creative week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! and I admire your being forward-thinking. Like Louise, I'm going to pinch your fabulous idea of using a plate stand to photo cards. Genius! The cards are truly lovely and so fitting your theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Martha,
    you are very early ;O)
    But, better start early as too alte ;O)
    Your cards look fantastic!
    Have a wonderful new week!
    hugs to you
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  11. what gorgeous cards! I bet your friends and family really look forward to getting them each year :)

    i'm like you, i don't do too well under pressure and prefer to make things at my own pace :) i also think its quite fun to make things out of season! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Christmas, and was thinking about starting to make my cards in September - but you are super organised! They are really lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful cards, your ahead of me although I did buy my Christmas card stock last week.

    Just popped over from Handmade Monday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such lovely cards, I'm not always so organised but I agree with doing things as the mood takes you (I'm doing Christmas stuff too)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your cards, in my favourite colours of red, grren and white. The plate stand is a great display idea too. I like the background pattern to your blog too.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Love, leave a comment :)
Thank you for your time x x x