Pages

Sunday 8 January 2012

Scandinavian-style Festive Lanterns

Hi all. Still in festive mood, as you've probably noticed. Got some outstanding stuff to show, which I didn't manage to do so before Christmas. A while ago I had a great idea to make my own festive lanterns with a sort of Nordic look so I started turning a few black metal-framed lanterns (from Poundworld!!) into white festive Scandinavian tealight holders. They had been sprayed with a white gloss first, dried up then I removed all the glass panes and painted all sorts of Christmassy motifs on each one. I used only white outliner and red glass paint. Motifs were kept simple as possible and they vary - from snowflakes, Scandinavian stars, reindeers to stockings, gloves and folky hearts etc.



And this is what the individual motifs looks like:


And this is when they are lit, with tealights inside...

Finally I can enjoy my long-awaited completed project! Wish it was Christmas again!

Sunday night and it's time for the 1st Hand-made Monday this year. Come on, join in and have fun!

26 comments:

  1. These are just awesome! I love the way they look lit, I don't know how you make something so gorgeous! I would love to fill my house with them! They would be so pretty all year long. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love creating pretty little things - it's my way of living ;)
      thanks x x

      Delete
  2. Martha these are fantastic and lit even more so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year. As a BIG candle fan and a lover of lanterns (all around my garden), I think these are fabulous and would love them in my home. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you x x
      If I had a garden all to my own, I'd have 100s of lanterns and candles in it!

      Delete
  4. Really pretty, you can never have too many lanterns(in my view!) and these are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my owrd, they are truly amazing. I love how you have translated your favourite designs into another medium and done it so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy. Trying different techniques - it's what I like :) Love to see same topic expressed thru different media.

      Delete
  6. I love these, when I move house ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look stunning especially when they are lit up. Have to admit your red and white work has been part of inspiration for my tutorial this week - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear that Ros! Pleasure to be a source of inspiration to someone :)

      Delete
  8. Absolutely stunning- especially when lit up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these they are gorgeous!!!! Amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are amazing, I love red and white together. They would sell like hotcakes if you put them up for sale for this Christmas. Love them. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm afraid I would find it difficult to part with them ;)

      Delete
  11. What a brilliant idea, they look so nice. Only 356 days to christmas, best you start now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous Martha and when lit so cosy Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can only say WOW - they look amazing and your artwork is so precise and gorgeous.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are so nice and look cosy for night time when lighted.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just wanted to let you know that I have awarded you the Liebster blog award :) I love following your posts and thought I would share you blog! I have written a blog post and have linked to your site xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh! These are beautiful! What a great and festive idea! I've enjoyed looking through all your Scandinavian work this afternoon, so lovely! You make me want to get out my knitting!

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Love, leave a comment :)
Thank you for your time x x x