Pages

Tuesday 30 March 2021

Pandas with panditude

Time to present my further crochet creations from February this year. Meet Pickles and Pandora - two cheeky pandas with a full-blown "panditude" :D

These two panda bears have been crocheted using a pattern from Kornflake Stew - a lovely and talented designer who has created many wonderful crochet characters. Check out her website. You will find yourself browsing her Etsy store sooner than you think!

I am a big fan of her "tall animals" series and these two are a part of it. I like to call them "hunchbacks" because of their slightly hunched postures. I just love the quirkiness of these characters.

Their square-ish heads are mounted in a slightly unusual way most crochet toys have, which gives them a characteristic part grumpy, part dreamy look. They are movable up and down and slightly to the sides so you can arrange them in different poses.

Add the droopy eyelids to that... :) (I love these sleepy eyelids! One of my favourite details!)

Doesn't that "panditude" show now, huh? 

Both pandas were made using Scheepjes Stone Washed yarns (Moonstone, Ruby and Amethyst shades) and a 2.5 mm crochet hook producing a 35 cm tall toy. I decided for non-standard Panda colourways 'cause I was curious what they would look like in pinks and purples :)

The stripy socks, wooden belly buttons and little bob tails (pandas do have tails, you know!) are my own modifications. I like to make things a little mine :D

Really enjoyed making them. They were easy and fun to make and they turned out quite cute. 


A group photo with my another Kornflake stew character I will blog about later. 


More Kornflakestew crochet to come in the future. I promise :)
Have a nice week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share Your Love, leave a comment :)
Thank you for your time x x x