Pages

Saturday 17 May 2014

Crochet and Knitting Books

Buying books can be addictive but buying craft books is simply irresistible! Due to the space limitations at home I tend to buy ebooks for my kindle but craft books I always like in a real paper format as nothing beats proper photography and patterns and template are easier to copy and print. For the past two weeks my 4 ordered books from Amazon have been arriving. Now all in my crafty library. Do I have a book problem? Probably, but I don't think I really wanto to tackle it :)  I ordered 2 crochet and 2 knitting books. 


The two crochet books I already knew from a local library so I knew what sort of projects I can expect from them.  I've kept an eye on them for a while and finally got round to purchase them for myself.


Simply Knitting is my second Erika Knight's book. I've already had Crochet Workshop book and these two are like twin sisters - very much alike in style, photography, choice of yarn.


Knit your own boyfriend is a really funny little quirky book riddled with funny comments and wordplay revolving around knitting. It reminds me a bit of Knitted Dolls by Arne and Carlos - you knit a star naked doll in flesh colours and then you make clothes for him/her. I think a little knitted boyfriend for your handbag can be quite cute :)


Love ... Crochet - This book is full of various crochet projects like cushions, hats, brooches, tea pot cozies and pieces of garment. The books to be had by all crocheter, I believe.


A similar kind of collection of sweet lovely projects is in Cute and easy crochet. Perfect for ladies who love making accessories for their home and wardrobe. Each of these crochet books includes some crochet theory and explanation on basic crochet techniques. I must say I really adore this rich floral tea pot cozy and the jam jar covers is something I've always wanted to make :)


At Tesco I also found this issue of Simply Crochet. I'm not a regular buyer of crochet magazines but every so often something will catch my eye. This issue features lots of lovely red-and-white projects I'm in love with. 


Aren't these reds adorable?


I just love that mat with a super cute pocket for cutlery - gorgeous!




And how about those pretty stars fitted into hexagons? Although the colours proposed in the magazine are not my favourite colour mix, I do see these pretty stars in reds, whites and greys in a form of a lacey Scandinavian throw :) Another one to go on my never ending to-do list.


Folky stripey blankets - the hottest trend in the crochet world - they are a perfect alternative to granny squares. I really have to try and make one in my life :) I get to see lots of these on crafty blogs.


There are many more projects in the current issue of SC but I found these crocheted strawberries the cutest of all! These are so adorable! I must make some and I'm currently working through the pattern. It's the Wimbledon season coming soon and together with the tennis matches come the punnets of strawberries splashed with cream. Yummy! I'm already craving them!


The next week I will be trying to combine two things - crafting after hours and some study for the driving exam. The date has been set now (June) and I'm going to work really hard. Let's hope there will be some times to craft and blog as I can't go without these! 
Hope you all have a good weekend. It's amazingly hot over here in the UK. Real summer weather!

1 comment:

  1. I'm also a sucker for craft books, they provide so much inspiration for your own projects.

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Love, leave a comment :)
Thank you for your time x x x