Pages

Friday 3 June 2011

Ice cream parlour (1) Retro cards

I've recently been in a "dotty" mood so I've made a few cards using a dotted paper in sweet chocolate-cum-strawberry colours :) The style of these cards reminds me of a retro 60's ice cream parlour somewhere deep in America :) The cards are machine-sewn and with hand-torn embellishments. So here are the first three.


and some details below... For this card I used Lemonade Tea set stamps and Chocolate Box Core'dinations Papers (turquoise-brown card) as well as Martha Stewart's Doily punch. The dotted paper comes from a freebie set from one of the card making mags. Sadly, I don't remember which isue it was exactly.


And another card... and another tea stamp from the Lemonade Stamps collection :) (tea is my favourite theme, by the way, if you don't know it yet :P ) I also used a paper doily here, which, I think, nicely adds to the overall retro theme.


And the last one... turquoise combined with browns and whites - the latest craze in the craft world :) Simple and retro. My favourite, I think :)


Again, Core'dination papers, HeroArts alphabet stamps and an individal, single Flower Stamp from Kars, small scalloped dies from Spellbinders.


This is not the end :) The dots will be back! :P

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for following me. I love the turquoise on these cards, and the fancy a brew? sketch has actually made me fancy a cup of tea :) Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! :) Me too! I actually ALWAYS fancy a brew!:)

    ReplyDelete

Share Your Love, leave a comment :)
Thank you for your time x x x